Saturday, February 7, 2009

It's just like the beach....


I just returned from more close combat shooting and convoy training out in the sands of Kuwait. It's a lot like Zuma beach... without the water. I imaging this landscape is about the same from here to the Sinai. Need any inexpensive camel grazing grounds? I'm pretty sure I can hook you up!

Generally fun, and useful, training provided in a pretty stark environment. We fired lots of rounds, standing, walking, running. We learned the latest stuff about IED's and practiced convoy operations. Fun stuff all!

Kuwait is not very senic, to be sure. I am pretty amazed at the lack of flora that supports so many camels. They really are impressive creatures. The entire landscape consists of sand laced with rocks, sand mounds, sand berms, litter, slosely cropped stalks from weeds of some sort and left over brass from men playing army in the sand. Oh, did I mention the sand?

Today we wait for a flight. It rained early this morning. I thought it would keep the dust down but no luck. It's been pretty windy so the sand is everywhere. Good news is this "white space" will be over soon. Am I aprehensive about the location change... Nope. Couldn't be happier. I am bored here in Kuwait!!! Boredom is bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment