Monday, June 5, 2017

Post Trekking Emotions

Yesterday was a long travel day.  I spent something like 17 hours at cruising altitude and perhaps 7 more in various airports.  That is the one part of travel I do not enjoy.  So today is laundry and house cleaning day.  I was not planning to post but can’t stop myself.  The last actual trekking day, on the return to Lukla, I felt subdued.  That was unusual for me.  I usually don’t anticipate endings when traveling.  It was the one day I joked and smiled a bit less during the trip.  Most of my companions were ready for clean clothes, s
howers, less uneven footing.  I was thinking that given the opportunity I’d be heading back in the opposite direction. 

Now I am back in LaLa Land, the land of the lost.  I took today off work so that I can get over jet lag, wash clothes (my socks are all ready to walk away on their own!). and get sorted for a “normal” week.  I thought I’d feel relaxed and not too motivated today.  Wrong-o.  For some reason I am unaccountably blissful and energized today.  I have pulled out the trinkets I got for friends and family.  I hung the first thing I ever have on my apartment wall – a thangka I bought 2 days ago.


Life is amazing and wonderful! I am so blessed!        

No comments:

Post a Comment