Saturday, June 3, 2017

The Great Unraveling

Here I sit in the New Panda Hotel.  Most of the people I spent the past 3 weeks with are at the airport.  I was in the Hotel Shanker last night and will depart from there to the airport in the morning.  But for my last night I have opted to drop $15 for a room rather then $100.  I still have some last minute shopping to do but nothing more pressing, perhaps a massage. 

Last night was the final party or the Marathon participants.  A good number of them (the tent campers) were stuck in Lukla due to weather and missed it. It largely consisted of  big cocktail party in the garden and dinner in the hotel ballroom simultaneously.  People drank, some too much.  Some odd angers emerged and there were some emotional fireworks here and there, but nothing beyond salvage.

It feels so odd seeing the few people I did this morning wandering about in a fog.  Most have left.  Of those remaining almost all will be gone by today.  The tight knit family is now dissolved.  People are on their way back to their normal reality and the trek is a memory.  I was a bit subdued he final day of trekking as I really didn't want it to end.  But all things do. 

   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment