Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Day 2, Deep in the jungle

Day two has begun.  Which is to say it's morning.  I didn't sleep too badly last night.  I as a bit chilled until I got into my sleeping bag.  After that I was toasty.  I woke frequently, but was dreaming quite a lot, so I know I slept.  At one point I closed my eyes and saw the familiar patterns of an ayahuasca experience, but in black and white, not color.  That was a surprise.  The night was quite clear and the day is beginning that way as well. It will be interesting to see how the weather behaves.... will it be normal?  Or will I have yet another trek with unusually amazing weather? 
Typical trail in the Rwenzori mountains!


We are now on the other end of the hike (afternoon).  It began with another grunch of uphill hiking but was somehow a bit easier than yesterday.  We hiked past the moss covered trees, through the bamboo forest and into the completely weird zone.  If you happen to be atheist come on this trek.  The landscape up here will make you believe in God.  If you don't believe in enchanted forests, come to the the Rwenzoris.  I was looking closely for witches in the darker, spookier sections of forest. 
It didn't rain today.   Much of today's the hike was in the clouds.  We had an optional hike up a close by peak but I think it's been delayed by the clouds.  If we do it in the morning then there is a better chance it will be clear.
Enoc Falls

Sine Hut, accomodations for 1st night in the Rwenzori's
(2596m elevation)
Breakfast at Sine Hut

No comments:

Post a Comment