Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Sleeping at Altitude

For he past two nights I have not slept well.  Two nights ago my sinuses were stuffed and I didn't want to breath exclusively by my mouth.  I was afraid I'd wake with a sore throat so sleep was fitful.  Last night I was beginning to reconsider my choice to drop taking Diamox.  I found I developed a low level headache and some anxiety.  The headache seems to have been cured with Motrin.  The anxiety was a new thing for me.  I found myself feeling somewhat trapped in my mummy bag.  Or perhaps not trapped as much as constricted.  Part of that is likey my own doing.  I had two Nalgege bottles full f hot water in my ba to ore-warm it.  The result though was I felt a bit strangled.  So it was another fitful night of sleep. 

I am not going to resume Diamox yet.  So far poor sleep and my minor headache have been my only symptoms of AMS.  Let's see what tody brings as  head to Lobucheand higher elevations.

No comments:

Post a Comment