Tuesday, May 23, 2017

The Daimox Delima

Diamox is supposed to lessen the effects of altitude.  I started taking it a few days ago because I figured it couldn' hurt to have every available edge.  As of this morning I have changed my mind.  One of the other members of our party mentiooned that Diamox can casue loose stools.  I thought, gee perhaps it wasn't the wather I used to brush my teeth after all that caused that.  Then I decided to check all the side effects.  We were told by our guides it increases urination.  Looking it up I found out why.  Not sure how I missed it but Diamox is a diaretic.  That explains having to get up multiple times to pee last night.  The deciding factor though is that it causes tinnitus.  Crap, I already have that thanke to the USAF F16's at Bagram.  OK no more of that stuff.  We ae acclimating very slowly, only hiking a few miles a day, a few rest dys thrown in.  I shall be fine and to hell with Diamox! 

No comments:

Post a Comment